..续本文上一页n their eyes who will be lost unless they hear the Dhamma.
有些人眼中只有一些翳,但若不闻法,将会迷失;
Such persons will understand the truth.
这些人终会了知真理。
--Dutiya Marapasa Sutta, Sajyutta Nikaya, VI(I). 5.
Those phenomena arising from a cause,
现象生起必有原因,
of these the Enlightened One has told the cause and also their cessation;
觉者己经指出诸法的原因及其寂灭;
this is the ”doctrine” of the Great Recluse.
这是大沙门的教旨。
--Vinaya, Mahavagga, I. 23(40).
Vipassana means observing reality in a special way, by going beyond apparent truth.
内观(毘钵舍那)是以透视表面事相的特别方式来察觉实相。
--Ledi Sayadaw, Paramattha Dipani.
In the seen there will be only the seen;
看,就单纯地只是看,
in the heard there will be only the heard;
听,就单纯地只是听;
in the smelled, tasted, touched there will be only the smelled, tasted, touched;
鼻闻,舌尝,身体接触,就只是闻,只是尝,只是触,
In the cognized there will be only the cognized.
觉知时,也就只是单纯地觉知。
--U dana, I. x.
“Feeling the entire body I shall breath in”; thus he trains himself.
「我入息时要感觉着全身」,要这样训练自己。
“Feeling the entire body I shall breathe out”; thus he trains himself.
「我出息时要感觉着全身」,要这样训练自己。
--Maha-Satipatthana Sutta, Digha Nikaya, 22.
Experiencing sensation everywhere within the limits of the body,
体验身体范围内的每一处感受,
he understands, "I am experiencing sensation everywhere within the limits of the body.
并当下了知,「我在体验身体范围内的每一处感受」。
Experiencing sensation wherever there is life within the body,
体验身体内有生命之处(活的地方)的感受,
he understands, "I am experiencing sensation wherever there is life within the body.
并当下了知,「我在体验身体内有生命处的感受」。
--Pathama Gelabba Sutta, Sajyutta Nikaya, XXXVI(II). i. 7.
Thus he abides observing body in body internally;
于是他就身体内部观察身体;
he abides observing body in body externally;
就身体外部观察身体;
he abides observing body in body both internally and externally.
同时就身体内部、外部观察身体。
he abides observing the phenomenon of arising in the body;
他观察身体当中不断生起的现象;
he abides observing the phenomenon of passing away in the body;
他观察身体当中不断灭去的现象;
he abides observing the phenomenon of arising and passing away in the body.
他同时观察身体当中不断生起、灭去的现象。
Now his awareness is established.
于是清楚觉知:
"This is body."
「这是身体。」
This awareness develops to such an extent that there is mere understanding and mere observation,
修成了只有了知和只有觉照的境界,
and he abides detached and does not cling to anything in the world.
超越执着,不再贪着身心世界的任何事物。
This, oh bhikkhus, is how a bhikkhu really abides observing body in body.
比丘们!这就是比丘如何就身体观察身体。
--Maha-Satipatthana Sutta, Digha Nikaya, 22.
Refuge in the Triple Gem: 皈依三宝:
I take refuge in the Buddha.
我皈依佛。
I take refuge in the Dhamma.
我皈依法。
I take refuge in the Sangha.
我皈依僧。
The Five Precepts: 五戒:
I undertake the rule of training to abstain from killing living creatures.
我持守「不杀生」戒。
I undertake the rule of training to abstain from taking what is not given.
我持守「不偷盗」戒。
I undertake the rule of training to abstain from sexual misconduct.
我持守「不邪淫」戒。
I undertake the rule of training to abstain from wrong speech.
我持守「不妄语」戒。
I undertake the rule of training to abstain from intoxicants, which are causes of intemperate behavior.
我持守「不饮酒(烟酒毒品)」戒。
The Eight Precepts: 八戒:
I undertake the rule of training to abstain from killing living creatures.
我持守「不杀生」戒。
I undertake the rule of training to abstain from taking what is not given.
我持守「不偷盗」戒。
I undertake the rule of training to abstain from incelibacy.
我持守「不淫」戒。
I undertake the rule of training to abstain from wrong speech.
我持守「不妄语」戒。
I undertake the rule of training to abstain from intoxicants, which are causes of intemperate behavior.
我持守「不饮酒(烟酒毒品)」戒。
I undertake the rule of training to abstain from eating at the wrong time.
我持守「不非时食」戒。
I undertake the rule of training to abstain from dancing; singing, instrumental music ; worldly entertainments; adorning oneself with garlands, perfumes, or cosmetics; wearing jewelry.
我持守「不着香华鬘、不香油涂身;不歌舞倡伎、不故往观听」戒。
I undertake the rule of training to abstain from using high or luxurious beds.
我持守「不坐卧高广大床」戒。
《开示中引用的巴利文经句(中、英译)》全文阅读结束。